Welcome to the District 3 webpage. I am honored to be Marin County Supervisor for the Southern Marin communities, including Sausalito, Floating Homes, Marin City, Mill Valley, Tam Valley, Almonte, Alto-Sutton Manor, Strawberry, Tiburon, and Belvedere.
As a new Supervisor, I would like to take a moment to share a bit about myself:
I have served in public office for over 12 years and was first elected to the Mill Valley City Council in November 2007. I served three terms, and was Mayor in 2010, 2014 and 2018. I have served as a Board member for several organizations, including Transportation Authority of Marin, the Marin Transit District, and the Sonoma Marin Area Rail Transit District (SMART).
Firmly grounded in promoting the safety and well-being of my community, prior to elected office, I served two terms as Chair of the Mill Valley Emergency Preparedness Commission, led Division 6 of Mill Valley’s Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), served as Co-Chair of the Mill Valley Middle School and Old Mill School Emergency Preparedness Committees, and was President of the West Blithedale Canyon Neighborhood Association.
Professionally, for over a decade, I managed environmental regulatory compliance and sustainability programs at Pacific Gas and Electric Company. I have also worked in the fields of communication and non-profit philanthropy.
As I transition into the role of County Supervisor, I recognize that I bring valuable experience and local knowledge – and at the same time, I see 2021 as a year of listening and learning, punctuated with opportunities to take small but important actions.
One of my top priorities is transparent, responsive, inclusive local government. During my first year as Supervisor, my Aides and I will put a focus on communications and community engagement in the District.
In addition, in the years ahead, I plan to work with my Board colleagues, County staff, local jurisdictions, and community to address the following issues, which are of great importance to me:
- Keeping people safe – in terms of flooding and wildfire prevention, preparedness, and evacuations;
- Planning for the future – climate change and sea level rise;
- Ensuring the health, well-being, and quality of life for everyone by:
- Addressing racial equity and ending systemic racism;
- Providing homes for all income levels, including affordable housing for workers and seniors; and
- Providing programs and services for our seniors and our youth, including community coalitions to address teen substance abuse, and resources for Seniors through Age Friendly Cities and the County Aging Action Initiative;
- Addressing traffic congestion and the need to reduce transportation-related greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by promoting clean transportation choices, including EV’s, transit, walking, and biking; and
- Supporting strong local businesses and vibrant business districts.
I also recognize that we continue to live in a different world, where all we know and do is impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. I look forward to engaging with the community virtually and, eventually, in person. In the meantime, please reach out to me or my Aides with questions, concerns, ideas, and requests to connect.
All the best,
District 3 Map
If you would like a more detailed view, visit our larger Geographic Information System (GIS) Interactive Map of District 3.